Simple Guide to Install Norton Setup using Norton.com/setup
Norton.com/setup - Instant Norton Setup at www.norton.com/setup. Just Enter Norton Setup Product Key and Get Started with Norton in some Simple Steps.
Norton AntiVirus is an advanced level antivirus and anti-malware software. Norton.com/setup is designed and marketed by Symantec Corporation since 1991. It is an industry-leading software reputed for extending real time protection to your computers.
Norton.com/setup is a state-of-the-art protection software that hosts multi layer protection and comprehensive features for extensive system security. It is used by both individuals and businesses due to its proven track record to offer all round protection. It has been time tested against the ever evolving security threats.
Norton provide complete security cover to all your devices. It is compatible with Windows, Mac, Android and iOS based devices. It allows you to protect all your systems from a single PC upto 10 devices.
Although Norton.com/setup works with most of the systems. Still, you must consider certain system requirements before proceeding for Norton Setup.
- Microsoft Windows 10 (All versions).
- Microsoft Windows 8/8.1 or later (all versions). Though certain protection features are not available in Windows 8.
- Microsoft Windows 7 (all versions) with Service Pack 1 or later
- Processor: 1 GHz for Windows 10/8/7
2 GB (minimum of 512 MB RAM required for Recovery Tool) for Windows 10
1 GB (32-bit) or 2 GB (64-bit) (minimum of 512 MB RAM required for Recovery Tool) for Windows 8/7
- Hard disk space
300 MB of available hard disk space
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 8.0 or higher (32-bit and 64-bit)1,2
- Mozilla Firefox (32-bit and 64-bit)2
- Google Chrome (32-bit and 64-bit)2
- Microsoft Edge 2
- Norton.com/setup is supported only on Mac OS X 10.7.5 (Lion) or later.
- If you have OS X 10.6 or earlier, upgrade your Mac operating system to the supported version.
- To install Norton product version 8.x or later, you need to have Mac OS X 10.10.x or later.
- Mac computer with Intel Core 2 Duo, core i3, Core i5, core i7, or Xeon processor
- 2 GB of RAM
- 300 MB of available hard disk space
- Internet connection for LiveUpdate
- Safari 1, 2
- Mozilla Firefox 1, 2
- Google Chrome 1
For Mobile Device
System requirements for Android
- Android 4.1 or later 1,2,3,4
- Android tablet or phone with 15 MB storage space
Browser Support for Web Protection
- Android standard Internet browser
- Google Chrome 18 for Android, or later
- Mozilla Firefox for Android 37.0.2 or later
- Opera 8.0 or later
- Samsung standard browser 1.0 or later
Requires an active Internet connection for device registration and use of the web-based Anti-Theft features.
System requirements for iOS
- iPhones or iPads running the current and previous two versions of Apple iOS
System requirements for Windows
- Norton Mobile Security is not compatible with Microsoft Windows 10 Mobile.
Norton.com/setup is a quick and convenient process that can be accomplished by following certain simple instructions.
Norton.com/setup can be acquired in two ways. You can either purchase it online directly from Norton’s official website i.e. Norton.com/products. Alternatively, you can purchase it from a retail store or third party affiliated website.
Irrespective of the source of purchase, Norton.com/setup involves few stages to complete the process. The first stage is to download the file for Norton.com/setup.
You should go through the following steps to download norton antivirus for Norton.com/setup:-
- Sign-In: Before proceeding with the download, you should sign-in to your norton account. You should open your internet browser and type in norton.com/setup in the address bar.
This will open the official website of norton. Look on the top left hand corner of the website. You can easily locate the option to sign-in. Click on it. This will prompt you to enter the email address and password for Norton. Click the Sign-in tab to proceed with Norton.com/setup.
- Sign-Up: In the event that you don’t have your Norton account, you are required to create one. For this again, you need to access the norton.com/setup webpage. As you click on the Sign-in option, the next page will provide an option to Create an Account.
It will prompt you to enter certain details. Fill in the required details and click the “Create Account” tab. Once your account is created successfully, you need to Sign-in as instructed in step 1.
- Get Started: Once you are successfully logged-in, you will see a highlighted tab on your screen that says Get Started. Click on it to open another window. Here, you must click on “Enter a New Product Key”.
This will lead you to another window to enter your product key. Product Key is a unique 25 digit combination of alpha-numeric characters that you get on the purchase of your product. You can easily locate it on your product card or order confirmation email.
However, in case if you have purchased a boxed product CD online or at retails store, find it in the box. It must be inside the box either on the CD or on a Card. Entering this product key will begin your subscription. Therefore, you must enter your product key carefully when prompted.
- Automatic Renewal Service: Subsequent page will ask you to enrol for the Automatic Renewal Service of Norton.com/setup. This allows automatic renewal of your subscription and saves you from manual renewal.
In case if you decide not to enrol for the same, simply click on the “Skip” tab and continue with Norton.com/setup. Otherwise, scroll down to the bottom while carefully reading all the terms and conditions. Click “Agree and Continue” to proceed.
Now, you will be asked to provide your credit card details. Enter the required details correctly and click “Next”. Following window will require you to enter your billing address. Do the needful and click “Enroll in Automatic Renewal”. Next window will confirm your enrollment for Auto Renewal Service. Here, you must click on “Continue to Download” for Norton.com/setup.
- Download: Next window will have the desired download link. Hence, you must click on “Agree and Download” for Norton.com/setup. In case of multiple products listed on your account, carefully select the product to be downloaded and click “Next”. This will start the Download process. Since, it may take some time to complete the download. Therefore, patiently wait for it.
The next stage in the Norton.com/setup process is Installation of the product. Once the setup file has been downloaded successfully, you can Install it on your system.
(Uninstall Older Security Softwares)
Here, you must note that if your system has any security software previously installed. You are required to uninstall the same before installing Norton.com/setup. This is an optional step to be followed by those who have older security software installed on their system.
Uninstall for Windows
- You must open your system’s Control Panel. You can locate it by clicking the Start Menu on the bottom right hand corner of the screen.
- Under Control Panel, you must proceed based on the OS in use.
- Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 – Open programs and features.
- Windows Vista – Open uninstall a program.
- Windows XP – Open add or remove programs.
- This opens the list of all the programs installed on your system. You should look for any security software including Norton program. Click on the software. This will open a popup box. Click Uninstall or Remove.
- Follow on-screen prompts to complete the Uninstallation process.
- It may open a popup window displaying subscription waiting period warning. Click Next.
- Wait for the process to complete.
- Subsequent window will ask you to restart your computer which is required to completely uninstall the software. Therefore, Click on “Restart Now”. Wait for the system to restart.
Uninstall for Mac
You can Remove the software by either:
- Uninstalling it through Launchpad: Hold the Launchpad icon down until all icons start to appear one by one. As the software appears, click the delete button (X).
- In case if there is no delete button in the Launchpad, remove the app by using its uninstaller. If that doesn’t work, simply drag and drop the app into the Trash followed by clearing the Trash.
After downloading the Norton.com/setup file on your system, you can proceed with the Installation process.:-
- Open SetUp file: You must look for the downloaded setup file on your system for Norton.com/setup.
By default, your computer saves your downloads under the Download folder. You can easily access it on your computer.
Open File Explorer located at the very bottom of your monitor i.e. in the taskbar. It will be displayed with a File icon.
Look for the Downloads tab that might be on the left side under Favorites. Click the Downloads tab to open it. This window will showcase a list of all your recently downloaded files.
You should double click the downloaded setup file to open it for Norton.com/setup.
Mac users must open Finder, go to Downloads, and double-click Norton installer.pkg file for Norton.com/setup.
- Run the file: Next step of installation process for Norton.com/setup will be determined by your Operating system and Internet Browser. As you double click the setup file for Norton.com/setup, a pop up window will appear.
Now depending on your browser, it will give you options. Select Run in case of Edge, Internet Explorer or Firefox, Setup in case of Google Chrome.
- Permit Changes: This opens the Installer Wizard for Norton.com/setup. Now the Installer will seek your permission. In case of Windows OS, it will prompt “Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device?”. You must select Yes to grant the permission and continue the Installation.
If you are using Mac, this option will not appear for you. Instead you may get the Software License Agreement. You should Click on Agree followed by Continue to proceed with Norton.com/setup:-
- Wait: This will begin the Installation. It might take few minutes. Hence, wait for the process to complete the Norton.com/setup.
- Close Installer: As the installation completes, click Close to exit the Installer.
This is an additional step that may be required for some users. In case of purchase from Norton Online Store or service provider, skip this stage setup. Activation for your software takes place automatically when you download and install by signing in to your account.
However, it is required to be done manually in certain circumstances. It is possible that activation fails due to an error during the download process. Or you simply skipped it. Moreover, this step is required in case if you have purchased Norton.com/setup from alternate means, downloaded a trial version, or got it from your service provider.
In order to activate your subscription, make sure that your computer is connected to the internet.
- Since Norton.com/setup is already installed on your system. Therefore, you must have a shortcut key to access it on your desktop or the taskbar. Click on the Norton icon to open it.
- This will open the main window. Click the Assistance tab on this window.
- You will be prompted to provide your Product Key. It is a unique 25 digit alphanumeric subscription key. You can easily access it from the email that you recieve or the retail card that you got.
- Enter the Product Key carefully to proceed with Norton.com/setup.
- As you enter the Product Key, Activate tab will be highlighted. Click on it to complete the process.
- Wait while it processes the activation. Once completed, Click Close to exit.
This completes the Norton.com/setup for your system. Now your device is completely protected against most of the online threats. Therefore, you can enjoy a safe, secure and tension free computing experience.